Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Educational Philosophy

Education is not something you decide to take up from one day to another. I consider education to be one of the most promising careers you can decide to carry from all the others. Teachers have such an impact towards students, you really have to love what your about to study and get yourself into. My reason's to have chosen this particular career would have to be no other than, the love I have for children, the difference I know I can make in a child's life, and the desire I have to be involved with kids on an everyday basis. But not only would I like to be seen as their simple teacher, but as their coach, mentor, role model, and most of all friend. Some people would automatically think this is just simply impossible and crazy, but what their not seeing is the will and way to do so.
My philosophy on education is that teachers hold a special power that only they have to help make students succeed and have a better future for themselves and ours. Educators are different from all other majors, with out educators their would be no doctors, lawyers, business people, and so on. Their the ones who educate these successful people. That's why til this day I believe teachers don't receive a well deserved pay check; beats being paid dimes and nickles from back then, but still not enough.
We need teachers to help our society succeed at large and help others want to help others. If not, what kind of future are we looking at? Not a very good one I'll tell you that much. Our planet will indeed fall apart and not function as it should be. We need more people who will make a difference, and teachers are ones who push and help make things happen.
Also, teachers are the ones who allow you look deeper and figure out what testing your true knowledge really is.
One of my most favorite philosophers, Plato, brings me on to my next point. He always allowed students to explore, and figure out what their true knowledge of mind really were. He tested and challenged students minds with out even having his own school. Students followed him because they choose too on their own will. He also believed woman should be equally taught just like men were. He quoted, "If woman are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same thing."
When I arrived fresh and new out of high school to college, I didn't think I would choose this major to become my career. But with some time, I knew this was what I wanted to do. Looking at my teachers lecturing and helping me to become a better person in life and in my school work is just priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment